Posted by: Zoo_Boi | 2009-05-17

Disolvable stiches

Hi Dr. Bets,

I wrote about 2/3 weeks ago about to undergo a circumcision of wich i was extremely scared... now, 13 days later i would like to ask a couple of questions...

1 - How long does disolvable stiches take to disolve (i dont know if there is a difference between this stiches used and other disolvable stiches)?

2 - I dont know how true this is, but i heard that a man can get a couple of erections during sleep at night, however, for me this is extremely painful, what can i do to well, stay away from erections?

Thanks a lot!

Zoo Boi

The period for the stitches to disolve will depend on the type of stitch used. I therefore, suggest that you consult the doctor who did the procedure.

To prevent nightly erections, you can use a high dose of oestrogen. This will have to be prescribed by a doctor.