Question

Dismissal, what grounds

On what grounds can i be dismissed? I received an e-mail, boss saying im unreliable, i have a attitude, i make co look bad. I havent done anything wrong. I think they want me out, to leave. What must i do? Please

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: DISMISSAL, WHAT GROUNDS

They cannot dismiss until they have a disciplinary hearing and if they have a disciplinary hearing they need to make certain allegations against you which you can defend.

4
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2010/10/18

re: DISMISSAL, WHAT GROUNDS

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Whena | 2010/10/08

Did he actually use the words " you are fired"  or " your services terminated/no longer required" ?

If he did take a copy of the mail to the CCMA and open a case.He then unfairly dismissed you on a number of grounds (both procedurally and substatiavely)

The employers think that they can hide behind the fact that you are a " sub-contractor"  but the law makers has seen through this and this pratice has actually been severely curtailed.

Please remember the CCMA does not cost you money (except for the registered letter to the employer) and you do not need a expensive lawyer or anything to help you there.The CCMA staff is usually very friendly and helpful and on your side

Good luck!

Reply to Whena

I have been at co for 6 years. My contract says im a sub contractor, but i am actually permanent. No hearing, nothing. Just the e-mail.

Posted by: whena | 2010/10/08

How long have you been at the company?
Has there been a hearing/counselling session?
Are you at the company permanently?

Reply to whena