Question
Posted by: Sally Burrows | 2010/12/12

Dismissal

My daughter worked for a big company for many years without any problems. One day she got called in and was told she had to resign immediately or be fired as she had " apparently"  stolen money (all of R100.00) and the incident was witnessed by a staff members. The staff member in question was her supervisor''s girlfiend and he wanted my daughter''s position for his girlfriend. She left and was subsquently a few months later called by the company to ask if she wanted her job back as they had discovered it was a lie and the supervisor and his girlfrined had now been dimissed. My daughter went to the CCMA immediately upon being " forced'' to resign (s if she did not resign the company threatened to fire her and take legal action against her for theft!) and about 7 months later and numerous phone calls which they have yet to return one of, that is how far she has come with the CCMA - nowhere a total wast of time. My daughter was distraught on losing her job and it was all a scam and unfair dismisaal through and through. She has since found another job but what action can she take against the cmpany that unfairly dismissed her (as we now know it was a lie and she was offered her job back a few months later). The company told her she should not try sue them as many people have tried and failed as they can defend themselves with good lawyers!!! What can she do, if anyhting.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Dismissal

Your daughter I presume handed in an LRA Form 7.11 and went to conciliation, other than that nothing else can be done.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/12/14

re: Dismissal

Reply to labour lawyer