Question
Posted by: Stiever | 2012/05/17

dislocation

hi, not sure if this is the right place for my question, many years ago i dislocated my shoulder, but after that any light force i put on it causes it to dislocate, it is the worst pain i have ever felt, my shoulder sort of moves down out of the socket, and then i have to hold my arm with my other arm cause when its out i sort of dont have proper control over which direction it moves, but i hold it with my other arm and then move it up realy slowly and then it goes back in(makes a popping sound wen it goes back in.) i have searched on the net and it seems alot of people get it and some dont even feel pain when it happens.
is there an exercise i can do to strengthen the muscles or did something damage causing it to dislocate so easily

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Stiever
Before you do any strengthening exercises, you need to have the shoulder examined by an orthopaedic surgeon who needs to determine the cause of the frequent dislocation. Sometimes exercises are enough, but it can also require surgery. Please ask your GP to recommend a good shoulder specialist.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2012/05/23

Dear Stiever

Reply to Healthy Bones