Posted by: Racoon | 2010-04-08

Dislocated/fractured little toe

Dear Doc

On Monday evening I either dislocated or fractured my little toe by stubbing it against the cupboard door. It was bent over the second last toe, but I quickly replaced it. Since then it ofcourse has been very sore, and half my foot is discolored. The toe is buddystrapped to the second last toe. I did see doc on Tue, and we decided not to xray yet as I am 4 months pregnant. He said that it if is not 80% better by today I will need to go for xrays. Well, it certainly isn''t 80% better, but I am not sure that even with only a dislocation it should be 80% better in only 3 days. I do not want to go for xrays unnecesserily, but I also don''t want to risk complications with the foot as I really need a good foot to support both my and baby''s weight. Please advise?

Thank you in advance.

I suggest that you elevate your foot for at least the next 7 days. This will keep the swelling down and speed up the healing process. You can take Panado for the pain and inflammation (safe during pregnancy). If no progress is made, you will have to have an x-ray taken.