Question
Posted by: Anon123 | 2011-02-21

Disinterest in sex and depression

I have been seeing my bf for almost 2years now but sex just does''nt interest me anymore. I''ll rather watch TV than have sex.
Now firstly I am Bipolar and I use Venlour and Epitec. Could this cause the disinerest in sex? Also a family member fooled around with me when I was younger, nothing serious (had to do handjobs and -|- s) and it does''nt realy bother me, but could this cause my " hate"  in sperm? If he messes on me I want it cleaned of ASAP and I just think it''s disgusting!

Yes, antidepressants can cause a loss of interest in sex in some people, even a lack of lubrication. But others, similarly effective might not have that efect. You should discuss this with your prescribing psychiatrist, who can consider and discuss alternatives with you.
An earlier experience of sexual activity might help cause a distaste for semen ( did you find that aspect of the earlier experiences especially upsetting ? ) You say the earlier events don't really bother you, but they could be related to this distaste.

2
Posted by: Obvious | 2011-02-21

Switch the TV off and use a condom.

Reply to Obvious