Question
Posted by: Not illusioned | 2011/02/03

DISILLUSIONED BY DATING...

Hey,

I''m disillusioned by the whole dating scene. Why does it come easy for some, but not for others?

I''ve had girlfriends in the past, but, in the end it doesn''t work out, also, that I attract these women with emotional baggage? Off the top of my head, the last one drank too much, which wasn''t because of me.

I''m an average guy. The girls that i''ve dated said i''m attractive. It something that maybe I don''t always believe, as that word from people when I was younger was never much forthcoming. I think i''m a late bloomer.

When I look at my friends, or just the people that I hang out with, I know i''m a much better catch than they are.

I do try and put myself out there, but it just gets so frustrating. The more phone numbers I get, the more " the subscriber you have dialled is not available" .

As much as I want a relationship, I''m getting weary of wanting to phone a girl or sms her or whatever because of my poor track record so to speak..

I have my own apartment, a nice car, a good job etc, but that is all meaningless if I can''t share it with someone.

Maybe i''m being over-sensitive about the whole subject. I just don''t get what i''m doing wrong to try and meet someone.

Or, to even keep them. I mean, I remember when my my ex was feeling down, I bought her flowers. What woman wouldn''t want that?

What more must I do? I can''t change my nature to be arrogant or treat woman badly - so that want me more- apparently that''s what google tells me.

Any ideas?

Dating is like weeding the garden there are some pretty flowers in their, but generally a lot of weekds need to be removed before they are easily visible.
Sounds like you may have some lack of confidence, which counselling might help. You sound like a really nice guy, who deserives the really nice girl you will eventually find. Don't try too hard ( seeming needy is usually a turn-off) and don't expect much in the first date or two

6
Posted by: Not illusioned | 2011/02/04

I''m 27 Diamond.

Reply to Not illusioned
Posted by: Diamond | 2011/02/04

How old are you, Not illusioned?

Reply to Diamond
Posted by: Ginger | 2011/02/03

Hi, there. I''m where u r. But just hang in there &  trust God

Reply to Ginger

I think, hang back a bit. Dont get too serious too soon with every person you date. Go out with lots of different people to see who you are most compatible with.

Good luck, it''s a minefield, I know

Posted by: Pam | 2011/02/03

Dating by its very nature is the weeding of candidates to find your match. Just keep going eventually you will find someone, l did. Keep a sense of humour one day you will find a partner and you can swap horror stories.Remember you may have to kiss a few frogs.
You sound a great catch who just hasnt met the right girl.

Reply to Pam