Posted by: Buffs | 2009-08-06

Disgusted with the human race!!!

What is wrong with some people when it comes to animals??

This morning i found a hare in the road by my house. Some one had hit it and drove off and left this poor creature ALIVE!!!!!!! but really badly injured.

I hopped in my car (at 05:45) and started to drive calling every vet in my area to try get help for this poor creature who was wrapped up in towels on my passenger side floor. The one vet i managed to talk to said he cant help me now cos he has to feed his kids and take them to school, but if i just leave the hare on his step outside the office he will " DISPOSE OF IT"  when he gets in just after 8!! So he was willing to let this poor little creature suffer for over 2 hours

I finally ended up at a vet 60 KM away who are open 24/7. They said they can either put him to sleep or look at him first then put to sleep if necesary (for a consultation fee and then the price of euthenasia) I said they must look at him first in case he can be fixed, they told me this might be expensive but I DONT CARE!!! its a creature a living creature in PAIN.

They put Mr. Bunny (that what i was calling him) to sleep at 7. Then they refused to take my money saying that they dont ever get people in there like me that brings in animals that they found on the road. I ended up making a donation (for the ammount of the consulation and euthenasia about 350 rand) to an animal sanctuary that had a donation box on the counter.

Right now i am left feeling horribly sad and disappointed at the human race and A LOT of vets!

GOOD VETS will not charge you for helping an animal that is wild or stray so PLEASE PLEASE people, if you see one, or hit one, please do not just drive off. Make sure it really is dead and if its not then FIND A VET!

Dear Buffs

I do some work for the SPCA and we see from rape, burns, neglect and trauma to mention a few on a daily basis. We as humnas are not looking after the planet as we should.

Posted by: jax | 2009-09-03

hey Buffs, long time silence :-) contact me on jcat456 at gmail, and i can try give you some address of wildlife/stray friendly vets in your area.

Reply to jax
Posted by: KittyMommy | 2009-08-11

Someone knocked my kitty over in my complex and left him there to die. People walked passed all day and left him there crying! I got home, he was making such a racket from the pain. If anyone had bothered to look, my name and number was on his collar. I would have come home and fetched him

When I asked my neighbour why she did nothing, she said why should be spend her money to save my cat. It was 1 sms or call. I mean really.

He died in my arms and the vet, more than 9 hours after being hit, the vet told me he could have been saved.

Reply to KittyMommy
Posted by: Mandi | 2009-08-11

I feel your pain Buffs!

I once saw a dog being hit by a car. It fell down in the middle of the busy road in peak hour traffic. All the cars simply drove around her. I managed to reach her where she was lying on the middle line, but she was too heavy for me to move her out of the way and she was badly hurt. I sat in the middle of the road with her head on my lap while she died and all the cars simply drove around us.
After she died I went to my car to fetch my cell phone to call someone to come help me when the person who hit her showed up.
He had gone to his house to fetch his gun and came to finish her off. I went into a blind rage and I would have murdered him with my bare hands if he wasn’ t holding the gun.

People can be pure evil sometimes.

Reply to Mandi
Posted by: Buffs | 2009-08-06

Hey carol and cat lady.

Very long time no hear! Things are going hectic this side hence the reason i havent been in for a while!

So i started my day off in tears, i was crying, the receptionist at the vet was crying.. lol

Its gotten really bad for me with animals now. I was a little obsessive before (im sure you remember) now its worse. I stopped eating meat about a year ago. Wont wear leather (never wore fur in my life even when i ate meat) and changed my studying to environemntal law.

My hubby now refers to me as " The Hippy"  :)

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2009-08-06

Good for you Buffs, long time no hear. I would have done exactly the same as you. Fortunately I have a vet (well there are 4 of them) that are fantastic and would do anything to help. I bring them dead animals I find in the streets (always carry a plastic rubbish bag with me in the car) and they then dispose of them. I cannot understand people who knock an animal be it dove, hare, dog, cat or whatever down and not check if it is OK and even if it is dead to take it to a vet for burial instead of landing up on a rubbish dump. Maybe I am nuts but that' s how I feel.

Reply to Cat Lady
Posted by: carol | 2009-08-06

Buffs im in complete and total agreement with you.

Where we live its appalling, people in Stanger have no idea how to look after their pets ..and I sincerly hope the residents in this area that read this forum are squirming with guilt.

Here dead animals line the roads daily .... hit by taxi' s and left to die.... skinny neglected dogs are all over ....pot bellied puppies left on the side of the road.

I cant gripe about my vets thankfully....

Reply to carol