Question
Posted by: Attention: job seeker | 2009/01/29

discrimination at interview

Hi there,
First of all, how do you know she wouldn' t put your CV forward because of your appearance? perhaps she had a reason, dont feel bad about it, the right position will come along for you. Also why dont you go seek a dietician to regain control over your weight, you really dont have to live like that you know. Perhaps you should give herbalife a go, it will also sort out the insulin probs you may. dont despair, you will be okay. good luck

,,,,

3
Posted by: H | 2009/01/29

I totally agree with your eating plan, i studied fitness and nutriton and the best way to loose weight and keep it off and still maintain a healthy lifestyle is to make healthy choices, good luck in your weight loss journey - I am also batteling to loose weight after my baby but i' m being healthy and it' s coming off slowly but steadily

You will find a job that looks at you for the person that you are and appreciates you for your hard work and talents!

Reply to H
Posted by: Job seeker | 2009/01/29

Dear Attention Job Seeker.

I AM on meds for my insulin resistance. I eat healthy and I exercise. As I have also mentioned in my previous post I have been going for interview for 8 months now, on average 2 - 3 interviews a month and it is just strange that I have not yet gotten a job. My husband says it is because I am overweight and it is just too much of a strange coincidence. I have actually been told that they want a ' well groomed'  person, which I am not, so ja, that' s how I know she probably did not put my CV forward.

I was on SureSlim 2 years ago, didn' t know I had insulin resistance and PCOS then. Needless to say, Sureslim didn' t work. I don' t really want to try Herbalife, I believe, healthy eating is the way to go. I have been to a dietitian and I have been following a Low GI diet she gave me for some time now along with Metformin and I am really seeing results. I will continue on this path until I am a healthy weight again.

H, I am so sorry that you had to go through something like this. At my last interview, when it became clear that I was not a suitable candidate I asked the interviewer, what in general, about my CV puts people off and she said it is the fact that I don' t have kids yet. Which means, I will get pregnant at least twice, will have to go on maternity leave and when the baby is sick I will take the day off and so on and so forth. I told her that that is also the wrong assumption to make as my mom will look after my kids. From the day my maternity leave is over my mom will be the one taking care of them when they are sick and so on, I will ONLY go with when they go for their shots. That' s besides the point really, the point is, they cannot ASSUME that that is what will happen. We are not even thinking of having kids now, but they don' t know that. All they see is someone that has been married for 3 years, no dependents, she will PROBABLY start a family soon and will be off work too much. You are so right in your last sentence....if that is the way I am treated in an interview, would that be someone I would want to work for anyway......DEFINITELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Job seeker
Posted by: H | 2009/01/29

When I was about 6 months pregnant I went for a job interview and the company told me that I was perfect for the job but they couldn' t take me beacause I was pregnant which is illegal discrimination,... I have subsequently found an awesome job. If they dsicriminate against you now, if you got the job would that be an envirnonment you would like to work in?

Reply to H