Question
Posted by: SARAH | 2011/02/02

Discouraged and dissapointed

Good morning doctor im really sorry to bother u again.
Im liezel''s colleque
i wrote to you last week

i wanted to diet and lose weight because i saw how happy liezel is now,she is losing weight every week even if it is just 1kg.she is glowing and u can see that she likes her knew body and lifestyle

i am overweight but my problem is i find it difficult to diet,liezel let it seem so easy to lose weight but she told me it is difficult at first but once you get use to eat it is easy as pie,she says you just have to commit and dicipline yourself.

i design my own diet as liezel but i failed to stick to it as i dont like anything brown and over weekends i find it difficult to stick to my diet,my other problem is i dont like exercising in the morning because i want my last beauty sleep to end at 6:30,that is the time that i get up to do everything and go to work,im also a sweet tooth,i like sweets and chocolate

liezel then advice me to write to you again and asked if this new diet plan that she mention to me will help me lose weight and ask if my exercising at night would be a problem and if you maybe can tell me what to do if i crave for sweets and chocolate(is there maybe low gi sweets and chocolate)

DIET PLAN

MORNING
1 CUP INSTANT OATS
1/2 CUP SKIM MILK
APPLE

SNACK
3 PROVITAS WITH COTTAGE CHEESE

AFTERNOON
2 LOW GI WHITE BREAD
1 TABLE SPOON COTTAGE CHEESE
3 SLICES CUCUMBER
2 LETTUCE
APPLE

SNACK
100G LOW FAT JOGHURT

SUPPER
100G FISH OR CHICKEN BREAST
1 CUP WHITE LONG GRAIN RICE
1CUP COOK MIX VEGGIES
I PREPARE IT LIKE A STIR FRY(MIX THE VEGETABLES AND CHICKEN TOGETHER)
2 TEASPOONS BBQ SAUCE
APPLE

SNACK
A FRUIT OR LOW FAT JOGHURT

THEN I EXERCISE 30 MINUTES AT NIGHT(BUT AN HOUR BEFORE SUPPER,LIEZEL SAID YOU ADVICE HER TO EXERCISE AN HOUR BEFORE SUPPER)

WILL YOU PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE BECAUSE IM DISCOURAGED ANF DISSAPOINTED IN MYSELF,IM ALSO ANGRY AT MYSELF BECAUSE I KNOW I MUST LOSE WEIGHT,SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE A FAILURE

THANK YOU DOCTOR

Dear Sarah
Good to hear from you again. From what you say, it is evident that you are not quite as motivated as your colleague Liezel when it comes to sticking to an energy-reduced, low-GI diet. I presume the problem is that you were not the person who originally took the decision to use a diet and exercise to lose weight, but are following Liezel's example and are, therefore, not as convinced that you can do this. Secondly you should always remember that losing weight is an individual process and you should not berate yourself if you don't lose as fast as another person. The diet you describe should produce weightloss, but I would recommend that you vary some of the foods (use different flavours of low-fat cottage cheese and yoghurt, different vegetables or have a salad on some days or have grilled fish instead of chicken breast) otherwise you will get very bored eating the same food day after day. There is no rule that says when you should exercise. It is up to you to exercise at a time that suits your schedule. So doing your exercise in the evening, instead of the morning, is fine. The main thing is to exercise for at least 30 min a day. If you crave sweets then you could chew chewing gum that is artificially sweetened. This tricks the mind into thinking you have eaten something sweet, but will not hamper your diet.
The rest is up to you

1

Dear Sarah
The rest is up to you