Question
Posted by: annie | 2011-08-15

Discomfort where gallbladder used to be

Good day Doc,

My gallbladder was removed 3 years ago (cholecystectomy).
I do not follow a special diet and am quite overweight.
About two days ago I experienced a slight pain where the gallbladder used to be. I took a pain tablet and the pain went away. What can I do to prevent this from occurring again and why did I get a slight ache there if there is no gallbladder?
Thanks for yr help.

Annie

I am unsure about the cause for your pain and discomfort. It might be due to scar tissue that has formed in the area of surgery. I do however, suggest that you avoid all fatty foods. You have to follow a healthy diet and do at least 45 minutes of cardio-vascular exercise, five times per week.