Posted by: Sensitive | 2009-01-14

Discomfort after testing

Hi Doc,

Is it normal to feel some discomfort after having a sample taken from my urethra for a chlamyda/gonorrhea test? I am a male and had these samples taken yesterday. Today I am urinating more frequently and am aware of a tingle/irratation inside my urethra (a little less intense then when the swab was in my penis)

I' m concerned that I got the timing if my last urination wrong before I did the test and got a false negative result and now what I' m experiencing are symptoms! I am reconsidering testing again next week.

Many thanks

dear Sensitive
It is normal to have discomfort after having a swab taken. It is unlikely that you will have a false neg test