Question
Posted by: Discomfort | 2008/10/03

Discomfort

When you have anal sex, does it get better the more you do it, or is it always uncomfortable? Maybe there are some tips out there to make it easier?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Discomfort, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting here.

Anal sex should never be about pain, sex is about pleasure. Many guys experience a brief moment of discomfort until the inner sphincter muscle relaxes - which could take a few moments at most. As others have suggested it is very likely that you are not sufficiently relaxed or comfortable. Loads of lube and a bit more time (take it extra slow) could do the trick. And pay more attention to the build-up and foreplay. If you're at all concerned that you may not be clean try fingering yourself for reassurance and you could try different positions for added comfort - sitting on your partner may give you the benefit of feeling in control. Something else to explore is toys - a dildo or butt plug may literally "train" your anal muscles to relax.

4
Posted by: Steve | 2008/10/03

Is it something that gets to an enjoyment, something that I would look forward to doing? I am also a little apprehensive, I have heard it hurts too much.

Reply to Steve
Posted by: Gareth | 2008/10/03

It is not supposed to be uncomfortable. Either you are stressing to much about the discomfort coming that it is making it uncomfortable, or you need to change things. Talk about it, experiment different positions/angles and you might find it gets better. Relax, lube up, relax, enjoy.

Reply to Gareth
Posted by: hey | 2008/10/03

I started doing " it"  last year and I thought it was going to be painful always, but Im happy to tell you that its nice now not painful all the painful times are the few first ones, and to me the first round is always troublesome, Isnt gay sex nice? its very nice

Reply to hey
Posted by: Rade | 2008/10/03

It is said to get better, at least for some.

Lots of lube, taking it slowly is about the basic tips.

Reply to Rade