Posted by: Anon | 2010-06-14

Disciplinary hearing confusion!

Recently my aunt was told to leave the company, but the way my bosses handled the whole thing was very unprofessional. Last fri she was supposed to have attended a hearing. Subsequent to the hearing I was told by them not to get involved in their business with my aunt to which I had agreed. On friday in the meeting I was made to read the letter they had sent her out loud to the whole company. Now please tell me what type of message I''m supposed to get from this. They say one thing and then they do another, and this isn''t the only instance. I feel as though my job is not secure. they made a point of looking at me and then saying that if anyone is not happy in the company then they are free to go. Please advise.

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Wow another example of bullying by the boss. I am being made aware of these scenarios more and more. Unfortunately I have a pessimistic view on this. Prepare a CV and seek alternative employment. Battling the boss is only going to se blood on the office floor, mostly yours!