Question
Posted by: Karien | 2010/03/16

Discharge of TISSUE after uterus evacuation.

I had a twin molar pregnancy - viable baby and seperate mole. It was also my first pregnancy. Uterus was size of 18 week pregnancy although I was only 9 weeks along. Doc evacuated my uterus. 2 Weeks later I had realy bad cramping and pain and doc descovered cysts on both my ovaries and assured me that its normal and will go away by itself. I just had my first period since the procedure - 4 weeks later. I had pieces of TISSUE (not blood clots) discharging together with the bleeding every second day. Some were as big as 3/4 of a teaspoon. I went to doc and after ultrasound and HCG test he assured me that things seem okay. He couldn''t find anything abnormal on the scan and the HCG count went down from 500000 to 150. I also accedently descovered during my period that my cervix feels like it has scar tissue on it (a small nib like a big pimple on the outside and the edge of the cervix entrance seems rough). The cervix entrance also seems to be more open than it used to be. It has been 5 weeks since the procedure.

Question 1: Where dit that tissue discharge come from and is it a cause for concern? (I need a second opinion)
Question 2: Is the " funny"  tissue on the cervix and enlarged cervix entrance normal? Will it go back to normal? Or is it a cause for concern?

PLEASE HELP ME... I DON''T HAVE ANY CHILDREN AND DON''T WANT TO BECOME INFERTILE.!!!

I can't tell what the tissue was as I didn't see it. It could have been parts of the womb lining. If your HCG level has gobe down, that is good. I would suggest that you have it followed up till it has gone down to zero.
It is normal after a pregnancy and miscarriage for the cervix to chnage in the way that you have described.

1