Question
Posted by: lil | 2010/07/06

discharge from nipple

Good day, i have a slight discharge from one of my nipples (a watery almost greenish, sometimes almost milky fluid) ...sometimes that specific nipple is a bit sore round about the time i have my period...but nothing serious. the fluid does not really come out on its own, it only comes out if i slightly squeeze it. a few years ago i had this checked out by a gyno and she said that sometimes the ducts in the nipple gets infected but its nothing to worry about. is this true or do i have to worry? Its does not smell and i do regular self-check ups for lumps or anything in my breasts. Then i have a slight discomfort only sometimes under my other arm (armpit)..i cant feel anything thats swollen or any lumps..i also cant say that the discomfort is there everyday..its only sometimes...it feels as if my clothes are too tight under my arm but its not...its not sore, its just slightly uncomfortable but i do need info on it. I do not have medical aid (only a hospital plan) and i do not have a job at this stage so i need to get info on where i can have it checked out but not pay todays ridiculous prices. Please help...i stay in Pretoria.

It could be that there is a problem in the breast itself, such as an infection, or there could be a problem with the milk producing gland. Either way, it should be checked out. You can go to a government clinic if you cannot afford private fees.

6
Posted by: lil | 2010/07/09

Hi there guys no i am not taking anything like contraceptives etc. Will rather get it checked out then. Thanks so much for all the info etc. Good luck to you as well.  )

Reply to lil

Posted by: Sam | 2010/07/06

Hi Lil
I" ve had a similar experience for years, I consulted with my Gynae, who sent the secretions from my nipples to be tested at the laboratory. apparently the results were clear and the secretions were due to my fertility circle. I nevertheless had a mammogram done and thankfully the results were clear and I now have a clear conscience and am less stressed. Mic is right I think in the long run it maybe in your best interest to in the least, have the seretions tested at a laboratory. take things one step at a time and at a later stage have a mammo done. All the best

Reply to Sam
Posted by: sos | 2010/07/06

Have the same thing going on, are you using contraceptives or used the morning after pill? This could be a side effect of the above mentioned..I don''t have any of the tenderness or pain etc, its only when you squeeze it (maybe a drop) something will get out....good luck and keep us posted!

Reply to sos
Posted by: mic | 2010/07/06

Zee shouldnt scare u. best is to try and get some cash and have a scan. alternatively go for a mammogram(they are pricy R1000approx). might be cheaper than going to the doc who will then possibly advise u to do a mammogram anyway.contact ur local provinical hospital or clinic and ask them if they provide this facility. dont be scared there are many reasons for sore breasts and if u have had a history of infection, its possible it will reoccur. dont stress most likely not something serious...but good to know ur health, especially the breasts are causing discomfort

Reply to mic
Posted by: Zee | 2010/07/06

Get to a doc for scan. Might be breast cancer.

Reply to Zee