Question
Posted by: Micks | 2010/11/18

Discharge during pregnancy

Is it true that having a discharge of any sort is abnormal during pregnancy? I am 24 weeks. I have noticed that I sometimes get a discharge at random times, around 2 or 3 times per month (lasting about 3 hours on that spesific day). It is a very fluid-like discharge (watery) with a very slight smell, not really offensive. But I feel as though I need a panty liner for that day, because it just comes suddenly and then my underwear would have a large wet spot. I have tried to determine if there are other symptoms, but havent noticed any. And if I feel something like an itch, it will be for a second and then dissappear, and sometimes I feel a dull pain in my lower abdominal area, almost like a dull period pain, but not spesifically assosiated with any discharge. I will be seeing my gyne in about 3 weeks and will ask him also if you think its necessary.

A clear, on-itchy, non-smelly discharge is normal in pregnancy, but check with your doctor.

1