Question
Posted by: kate | 2010/08/05

discharge and abdomenal pains

I was diagnosed with dysfunctional viginal bleeding 2 years back, had a fibroid removed from my uterus last year and had an IUCD ( mirena) inserted. i haven''t gotten my period since the insertion ( 13months back) but I have a white discharge sometimes it''s pinkish, it doesn''t smell. I have to wear a pantiliner all the time, I use up to 4 a day for this discahrge. I suffer from chronic lower abdomenal cramps radiating to my lower back and around my anus. Sometimes they are so bad i miss school. Help.

It is normal not to have periods with the Mirena and a pinkish discharge off and on would also be normal. However, abdominal pain and a discharge suggests an infection. See your doctor to assess.

4
Posted by: K | 2010/08/11

Hi. Sounds like you need an antibiotic. First let gynae do a swob, and then once you''ve got the results, he can pescribe some meds. Don''t forget to have another swab done a few weeks after you''ve stopped the meds to check if it''s all clear.

Reply to K

Posted by: thando | 2010/08/06

I had std 4 yrs ago dump the guy and got treated, last year i went for a pap smear the nurse said everything was fine, but i still have abdominal pains, my discharge taste sour

Reply to thando
Posted by: lesego | 2010/08/06

i have bad smelly discharge before and after my periods

Reply to lesego