Question
Posted by: 2Quest | 2009/10/14

discharge &  diminishing periods

QUES 1:
I' m 32, on no pill and have no children yet. Several times a day I have a thick yellow-to-white discharge that streams from my body when I go to the toilet. What is regarded as normal discharge? Should I be worried? If I sit and push my pelvis down and back (against the seat if this makes sense I feel a little tender or "  a little congested" . Please explain?

QUES 2:
My periods use to last from 5 to 7 or 8 days. This last year they seem to be getting lighter and shorter. About 3 days, with hardly anything on the 3rd day. My weight has been constant for several years, so I don' t think it could be related to this. My periods often have darker red globules in them. Is this normal? What is going on? Should I be worried? What is the cause? If so do I see a gynae or is it ok to see just a GP, or are neither necessary, and I' m just panicking? Please explain in as much detail as possible. Thanks

A normal discharge should be clear, non-itchy and non-smelly. From your description, yours may not be normal. I am not sure what the congestion is that you describe. You would need to be examined to tell the cause.
Your periods seem to have changed significantly, so a gynae check-up may be a good idea.

1