Question
Posted by: Emma | 2012-09-27

Discharge after Fluzol

Hi doc,

After a routine papsmear the doctor found that I have Candida. Fluzol was prescribed and about 2 hours after taking it I got very wet "  down there"  . Is this odourless and watery discharge normal? The papsmear diagnosis was ASC-US, could this be due to the candida infection or is it something more serious? The doctor advised that I should come back in 6 months. My previous pap smear was normal.

Emma

I do not have an obvious explanation for the watery discharge but the papsmear finding can be due to infection with candida. It is very important to go for the repeat papsmear after six months, as there was an abnormal finding. The abnormal finding is not something to be worried about at present.