Question
Posted by: ross | 2010/08/20

Discharge 28 weeks pregnant

How much discharge is normal.
I had premature rupture of membranes with my first child at 31 1/2 weeks. And i remember that tingling feeling but then i had a big gush of water also but this time I am so paranoid and i keep on feeling that tigling feeling. I am wet all the time. I wear pantyliners but it just helps a bit. It feels like when your panty has been washed and die water has all been sqeezed out. It even makes my pants slightly wet. Now i have been to the gine 3 times and he says its fine...no signs of a hole where the fluid could be leaking and the fluid level is fine. He also did some other test but all came back negative. Is a colourless non smelling discharge. How much discharge is normal. Its not running against my leg yet but it just doesnt feel right. But the dr has assured me i am fine. But he didnt tell me what it is. It just so much.

There is an increase in discharge in pregnancy and it is not possible to define how much is normal. In your case, the best thing is for your gynae to check. As it does not appear that your waters have broken, this is probably just a pregnancy discharge, but keep seeing him for checks.

3
Posted by: Dee | 2010/08/23

Go to a site called fertilitree where they sell pads that can tell you if you are leaking amniotic fluid. Then you can have peace of mind.

Reply to Dee

Posted by: Purple | 2010/08/20

Perhaps visit another gynae for a second opinion.

The discharge during pregnancy is usually white in colour. It is thin but isn''t watery. Wearing a panty liner and changing a few times a day should be quite sufficient.

For your peace of mind, probably best just to visit another gynae in the next few days. Its probably just fine, but it will set yosur mind at rest, and if there is a problem, it can be dealt with. If you cant get in to see a gynae, visit the hospitals emergency departmetn.

Reply to Purple