Question
Posted by: anon | 2012-02-06

discharge

hi doctor, i noticed this evening a green colour in my underwear. i had extreme pelvic pain yesterday the whole day. today i havent had anymore pain. i was last at my dr in november and pap smear and culture was normal, and have not had sex or anything since then. theres no itchiness but it has a strong bad smell. what could have caused it? is it very serious? do i need to get an app with my dr or can it be treated otc? thank you.

Unfortunately, it can not be treated with over the counter medication. I think that you have a bacterial vaginosis, where there is overgrowth of the normal bacteria present in the vagina. You will have to consult your doctor for a short course of oral antibiotics.