Question
Posted by: Eve | 2010/11/07

Discharge

Hi Doc, a week ago i went to my gynae cause i had a brown discharge with pieces of something in it, and i it had a funny smell to it. She told me it was normal (the brown discharge) but that i had an infection and a cyst which we treated, we also checked that the mirena was still there. i am now getting my period a week earlier and once again i am getting the brown discharge with the things in it but no odour, it is now day two of this, and i was slightly sore on my right side by my pelvis the first day. Is this normal? or should i go back and get it checked out again? oh and 2 days before i got my ''period'' i had a tingling/bruised sensation on the right side towards the bottom of my head with some dizziness, does this have anything to do with the whole thing?
Thank-you

The brown discharge could be old blood, as irregular spotting is common with the Mirena. You should not have pain with it though, so you probably should go back and have it checked.I can't see that the headache and dizziness would be related.

1