Question

Discharge

I am 37 weeks pregnant with my second child. I am starting to get a little anxious as I am quite uncomfortable. Baby feels really low and walking puts allot of strain on my pelvis and at times is really sore. I am doing as much walking as I can to get things moving. I am starting to have loose stools. Loose in comparison to the constipation I have had in the last few months. But I am not experiencing any discharge and actually feel quite dry. I know with my first by this time I was having to wear liners etc as I had constant discharge. Does this mean my labour is still very far away. Another thing, if my stomach goes completely hard does this mean its a braxton hick contraction or just the urge to urinate or baby pushing. I find at these times my stomach is hard and tight.

The hardening is a Braxton Hicks contraction. What you describe is all normal for 37 weeks and there isn't really a way of predicting when your labour will start.

2