Question
Posted by: Eloise | 2009/11/24

discharge

I am 43 years old. I have had a vaginal discharge for the past 18 months. I have been to a doctor, who gave me antibiotics. Once I finished the course, the discharge returned. It is yellow and smells awful. If I do not charge pantyliner ever hour, it burns the sides of my thighs, and then for days I am sore. There is a slight itch which I have been treating with Medispore Vaginal Cream. In this year I have used 3 courses on antibiotics. Could this be symptoms of menapause, and what can I do to resolve it?

I would suggest that you ask your doctor to take a swab to see exactly what type of discharge it is. Unless your periods are irregular, it is unlikely that this is related to menopause.

1