Posted by: bronwynn | 2009-09-21

Doc, I have always had a discharge ever since I was a teen (or at least once I started menstruation). I am 36 now, with three children and still discharge (vaginally). I douche with betadine and regularly with plain water every morning, but the discharge continues. I dont have any vaginal sicknesses or disorders, however the discomfort of the constant wetness and stickiness is really irritating. PS I have the discharge everyday, irrespecitive of menstruation and wear pantyliners. However if there is a solution I' d use it.

It is most likely a normal discharge. All women have some amount of normal discharge. You will upset the normal protective mechanisms of the vagina if you use betadine douche longterm.