Posted by: Anon | 2009-07-20

I' ve been getting redish discharge for many year and everytime I go to the doc they give me so many antibiotics but it doesn' t get better. I had a bronchopnumonia lat year and was admitted to hospital. I was on antibiotics and I got better but this discharge started again but it was not redish and they tried to treat it but it became worst. I was told that I might be preggies and the scanner showed that I might be ectopic preggies and later the blood test showed that I was not. I went to a gynae and he also gave me so many antibiotics but it never stoped until he told me that my womb is facing the oposite direction coz I' m also feeling pain during the sexual intercourse and bleed after. He said the solution might be operation and I asked him what will this operation for and he got angry and chased me away.

Now my problem is that I just lost all the sex drive and its puting a strain in my marriage. what can be the problem and how can I have the sex drive back coz I even had the blood test to check if there is any problem but there is nothing.

Dear Anon
a reddish discharge is usually due to bleeding - either from the womb or from the cervix or from the vagina - this can be caused by hormone problems, infections of the cervix or a very thin vaginal lining. Treatment will depend on the cause. A good doctor should explain to a patient what an operation is for and not chase her away - so good riddance of the one you went to! You have to see a sympathetic gyne that will tell you where the blood is coming from and what kind of operation they think is necessary. I am not surprised that your sex drive is gone - you are probably worried about these symptoms, it sounds as if you have painful intercourse and you are bleeding all the time! Where do you live - I could maybe refer you to someone in your area? Do you have a medical aid?