Question
Posted by: Gert | 2009/03/04

Disc space narrowing

I had x-rays done on my back. The following comment was made: Disc space narrowing at L4/L5 and L5/S1. I want to know can i still gym eg,squash,spinning and swimming or must i first see a Fisio.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Are you experiencing any pain or discomfort? If not - you certainly can continue with normal exercises. Disc space narrowing / degeneration is a fairly normal course of events as we grow older. Functional integrity of the spine is however paramount to a reasonably normal life. If in any doubt about your condition - do consult a chiropractor for more advice.