Question
Posted by: Sunshine | 2009/01/18

Disc problem in neck

I have a disc problem in my neck and suffer from pain in my left arm and shoulder. Anti inflammatories have helped but now my neurosurgeon is suggesting surgery, which I am reluctant to have. On the internet I read about the Laser Spine Institute in America, which can treat this condition without surgery. Does such treatment exist here in South Africa and if so would you give me more information about it? Thank you.

Dear Sunshine

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, I do not think that this treatment is available in South Africa but you can contact a neuro surgeon, as they will know if it is available or not.