Question
Posted by: Dave | 2011/02/07

Disc fused

I am 30 years old and i had a major injury playing squash, they have advised me to fuse my disc, i am really not happy about this as i have heard real negative outcomes!

What do you think, especially at my age?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

The indication for disc surgery should be the degree of pain you are suffering. If it is not severe, you may firs have physio. If that does not help get another opinion from a specialist orthopedic surgeon

2
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2011/02/27

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum
Posted by: Lala | 2011/02/07

Hi Dave

Dont listen to people telling you all bad things about a fusion. I had one last year June (slipped disc) and never looked back. The operation was (in my opinion) peanuts, not a lot of pain afterwards. The only bad thing is the neck brace that you have to wear afterwards for 6 weeks. Good luck and go for it especially if you are in a lot of pain. It is worth it! ( I''m 42)

Reply to Lala