Posted by: Adrie Jardin | 2011-11-29

Disc disease

I am 51 years old and have had chronic lower back pain for as long as I can remember. I started to exercise 3 times a week with a biokinetisist about 9 months ago, have been going to the physio and/or chiro on a regular basis, had facet joint infiltration as well as a rhizotomy. Both these treatments brought short term relief, but chronic pain is back. It occasionally refers to my bum, but never to the legs. I have also had cortisone injections, but to no avail. Is there anything else I can have done, apart from surgery, which I don''t think I am a candidate for as yet.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

It sounds as if you have exhausted conservative management and if you see a good spinal surgeon and he feels that you can be helped withe surgery that may be the way to go