Question
Posted by: P Mkhombo | 2010/12/10

Disc degenaration

I am 28 yrs old male.I have been suffering from back pain since 2007.I consulted an orthopaedic surgeon since 2008.We did MRI that found I have a disc degeneration that might cause mechanical problems.My surgeon said there was nothing he could do but prescribed a lot of inflammatory pills that never worked.In 2010 we did a bone scan that found I have early signs of arthritis or what the doc called early degenerative arthritis,he said that might be the cause of my pain.He then said there is nothing that can be done.I will then like to know if I have any other options or specialists I can consult??

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

If your pain is really troubling you ( as it sounds it is ) - you should see an orthopedic spinal specialist ( an orthopedic surgeon with a special interest and experience in spinal problems). There are also neurosurgeons with spinal expertise. Such specialists can do various forms of treatment from prescribing specialised physiotherapy , injections into the spinal joints and even surgery as a last resort

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/12/16

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum