Question
Posted by: Angelique | 2010-12-17

Disc and Joint Disease

I have had two opinions and have been told I can not have surgery. I have chronic back pain every day. Is there not anything that can be done. I have disc disease in L4 and L5 and my facet joint on these two have dissintergrated.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

this is a very diffucult question as two specialists ( I presume that they were spinal specialists) were of the opinion that surgery was not possible. If you continue to suffer significantly you may take your X-rays and MRI scans ( again I presume that all those investigations had been done) to even a third person for an opinion and make sure that it is a specialist who specifically deals with spinal problems and not a general orthopedic surgeon

1
Posted by: sheilla | 2011-02-10

Good morning Doc, I''ve hust discovered that I have arthritis of the spine &  also I have this tingling sensation on my legs. I''ve been to a physiotherapist for the first appointment &  I''m going for the second one on Friday, I would like to find out if this is the only way to ease the pain that I have?

Reply to sheilla