Question
Posted by: pk | 2010-03-17

disassociation

Hi, A week ago i started feeling weird not being myself and thinking of everything little thing i do and got very obsessed with how i feel,i also did get fluish, im 26 been on cilift for long time and had no other reall problems than hypochondria where when i feel bad i always expect the worse.. I went to Neurologist they couldnt find anything wrong and my EEG was 100% and blood tests was fine, Can it still be the sinusitus casue i do have slight headaches and my eyes are sore and bright light makes it worse, the nearest to the feeling i get on the internet is Disassociation i also get very panicky and get anxiety attacks quite frequient duing the past week, is it the anxiety that brings this out of reall world experiance forward ? thanks

I would have hoped that any specialist you saw would not only expensively rule out problems in their specific area, but also should advise about other areas they can assess. Sinusitis can cause a variety of problems, but not specifically what you describe. Flu easily has one feeling like this. And it sounds as though you have a return of the anxiety symptoms, and your shrink should be able to advise on medication and CBT counselling to help you regain control over such symptoms.

2
Posted by: pk | 2010-03-17

I must add that now (later the evening) after my fiance came to visit as we see each other only once a week and on weekends that i feel much more comfortably and 100% myself..Maybe its the flu symtomps that my eyes are playing tricks but i have a meeting with a shrink but only in a months time as that is the earliest any is available..thanks for your input

Reply to pk