Question
Posted by: Disappointed | 2008/07/16

Disappointed

My ex and I tried to make another go of our relatonship. We decided that we will not talk about the past but in our ways try to do better with things that we did wrong. When we started seeing each other I made it clear that we will be honest with each from the beginning and this is what I've done. There was something not right but I left it until this morning. I had a chat to him about his "girlfriend" and he half-heartedly denied that he was seeing someone else. We were supposed to meet for lunch at 12h00 and I told him that if he didnt turn then I will accept that he was caught out and that he is still with his girlfriend. Guess what, he never turned up and never called. Didnt take my calls either. I am so disappointed in him not because I could have ended up with a broken heart later but the mere fact that I thought he became a better person, I respected him but now I dont even want him to come near me anymore. Why is it so hard for people to be honest, does people's feelings no longer mean anything.

See a relationship counsellor together so you can work on these issues with expert advice and a ready eferee

1
Posted by: Lilly | 2008/07/16

it must feel pretty shit right now.
but at least now you know. the worse could be that he lies and keeps you hanging for years. Move forward (i know easier said than done!)... give yourself time to grieve and tell him what you need to.
but i reckon there is probably someone better out there for you.. a lot of men are dishonest/avoid the truth. and that tells you something about his character.
Try to meet some new people and do a few things you enjoy,

the sun will come out, it always does.

(i just wrote the previous question to yours, as i am 39 and wanting a baby. i guess one has to just ride the storms.. life is not a big bowl of cherries.)

lotsa love
Lilly

Reply to Lilly