Question
Posted by: Wheels | 2008/10/27

Disabled &  overweight

Hi Doc, I' ve been a C5/6 quad for 18yrs and cannot exersize much more than my arms. Which diet???

Dear Wheels
Because you are quadriplegic it is important that you have a special diet worked out for you. I would urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out a diet prescription for you that takes your special needs and characteristics into account. Unfortunately, this not something I can do for you over the Internet.

1
Posted by: Y | 2008/10/28

Take a look at Barry Groves'  Natural Health &  Weight Loss. He specifically tells in his book a story about a quad who couldn' t exercise and lost a large amount of weight on his diet. The weight stayed off, and on this diet you do not need to starve yourself. The book also includes a chapter on why exercise is not necessary to loose weight and keep that weight off. I bought my copy of the book from Kalahari dot net on 24 hr delivery about 2 months ago. And it is worth reading - there is a lot of sensible and well explained information.

Reply to Y