Question
Posted by: Worried | 2011/04/01

Disability cover

I suspect I’ m getting repetitive strain injury (RSI) but I don’ t want to talk to the people are work –  I don’ t want them to have an excuse to get rid of me.

I know it can be quite disabling, but I work for a small company and they’ re not famous for doing the right thing when things go wrong for employees. If it comes to a fight, I won’ t win. So I was wondering: is there some kind of disability insurance that recognises RSI)

Expert ImageMoney Expert

If you dont already have cover you proabably wont be able to get cover for an existing condition. By the sounds of this, it seems that it is also starting to affect your state of mind so it is probably worth consulting your doctor on this one - work cant just get rid of you - there are labour laws in place to protect you and if necessary you can go to the CCMA.

1
Posted by: Money Expert | 2011/04/12

Reply to Money Expert