Question
Posted by: Miv | 2008/12/11

Diotroxin

Dear Doc

Picked up about 15 kilos last 3 yrs. Am 40 yrs old. Blood tests showed my T3 and T4 normal but antibodies were 579! I am taking diotroxin twice a day but dont feel any better! Any advice?

Dear Miv
Have they checked other things like for insulin resistance and your esterogen levels too?

2
Posted by: MIV | 2008/12/12

Dear Doc

I found a copy of my blood tests and here are the results:

TSH 1.71 - T4 1.7 - T3 5.3 - Antitiroglobulien 574 - Antitiroperoksidase 73.

I know that my antibodies is very high compare to the normal and I have done all the thyroid sonar to see for cancer but I was free. Like I told you, I have been taking 1 Diotroxin tablet a day and honestly I still feel the same. Have a bit of depression, my hair falls out in boundles, sweat alot and I have picked up about 15 kilos last 3 years.

I have told my doctor that i dont feel any better but he just insists that I should go on. I was thnking of starting to take 2 tablets a day to see if I feel better.

Please help

Reply to MIV
Posted by: MIV | 2008/12/12

I think so. I did a comprensive blood tests and they did at one stage find that my insulin was very high and was treated with Metformin for about 5 months but it made me very sick so I stopped taking the medicine. As far as I know my insulin is now quite normal.

Reply to MIV