Question
Posted by: Annie | 2009-11-23

Dimply behind

I am a 24 year old female who has a behind &  thighs that look like a wrinkly, dimply 80 year old women!

I know I am overweight but I got the shock of my life in one of those dressing room mirrors in clothing stores. After I saw myself like that I knew that I had to get myself going - getting healthy &  working out but how do I get rid of that?

Dear Annie
If you are overweight then it is a good idea to reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life)every day for at least 30-60 min. In addition to the cardio or aerobic exercise which stimulates weightloss, you need to do targeted exercises for the buttocks and thighs. If you can join a gym you can ask the instructor to assist you with this kind of exercise (e.g. thigh rolls, floor 'walking' on the buttocks), otherwise arrange a few sessions with a biokineticist to work our a programme for you. I have written an article on cellulite which you can access by clicking on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles and reading article 137 "The Lowdown on Cellulite". There are also certain products that can help for cellulite. You can contact Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-11-23

Dear Annie