Question
Posted by: Cece | 2009/02/20

Dillema ..please help

I did something really stupid 4 years ago .... i was addicted to cocain and by a way of supporting the habit i submitted fraudulent claims to my medical aid.

in doing this i obtained the funds to feed mines and others habits

My medical aid found out and suspended my membership. they did not lay any charges and i promised to pay it back which they agreed to.

i am now clean since and am doing well and was lucky enough to get onto another scheme. But my problem is i applied for an opportunity and got it .. the only thing is they on the same medical aid that i frauded. its not negotiable that i use my current one and i' m not sure if i will be able to get onto the medical aid in the first place (discovery) ..also will they let my employers know about this stupid thing i did if i' m refused?

How do i work my way around this?

I have no idea. As you say, what you did was deeply wrong, and you were very lucky indeed that they did not prosecute you. Do I understand you that the medical aid scheme your new job uses, is now administered by the same scheme you had the problem with ? Have you in fact paid them back the sum you misappropriated ? I think you have to disus this frankly with someone reasoably senior in this medical aid scheme, to see what ca be done. If you sign up without disclosing this previous problem, it would probably create still more problems, and they could indeed refuse you coverage for any expenses for non-disclosure of relevant facts. Whether they will chose to disclose your previous problem to your employer, I can't guess. They may not do so if you discuss this frankly with them, and if you have paid back what you owed.

4
Posted by: Cece | 2009/02/20

yes but a different one

Reply to Cece
Posted by: wtf | 2009/02/20

are you still in therapy?

Reply to wtf
Posted by: Cece | 2009/02/20

The medical co i frauded is the only option on my new employers list.

I signed a non discloseure agreement as well as an admission of guilt. because they promised at the time not to disclose to my employers or prosecute me as long as i paid everything back.

they did not notify my previous employers at all.

I used to submitt my therapist bill but make copies change invocie numbers etc

Reply to Cece
Posted by: wtf | 2009/02/20

why dont you ask the medical aid what the confidentiality situation is with your predicament?

May i also ask how exactly did you manage to defraud the medical aid company to buy cocaine? are you a doctor or medical specialist or something?

Reply to wtf