Question
Posted by: PJ | 2009/12/09

Dildo - effects

My wife and I have a great sex life and she orgasms very often with penetrative sex. We sometimes use a dildo on the clitoris, when we do doggy style, and we love it.

My question: Can using a dildo too often de-sensitise her clitoris, causing her to struggle to orgasm the normal way.

I know men can get problems with sensitivity from vigarous masturbation.

The nerves in the clitoris should recover after vigorous stimulation as long as they are not damaged. It may be that she gets used to that amount of stimulation and is frustrated by a lower frequency stimulation. In effect, this may be 'de-sensitisation' but this is not permanent. Think of it like sugar in coffee; we like it as we are used to it and it takes a little while to get used to less sugar again...but it is possible. If you are worrying that the dildo will replace your pleasuring her, don't worry; most women are clear that a dildo doesn't replace, it just adds to sexual stimulation with their partner.

2
Posted by: s | 2009/12/09

From personal experience, I feel that if my partner and I use the vibrator on my clit too much that I take alot longer to orgasm than usual when being stimulated

Reply to s
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009/12/09

Reply to Sexologist