Question
Posted by: Geraldine | 2011/08/11

Digestive Problems

I have been a diet for the past 2 years which focusses on correcting my metabolism and maintaining my glucose levels. it has worked and i have lost over 70kgs already. in that i have also had a son. but recently, my weight loss has stopped and i am experience digestion problems. I have excess pain after i eat and so much so that it knocks me out cold. My gp prescribed medication for acid indigestion, which no longer helps. Do you think my diet could be causing this.

Dear Geraldine
Firstly congratulations for losing 70 kg in weight - that is another whole person who you have managed to lose! And congratulations on the birth of your son - you must be so proud of your achievements. You don't specify which diet you have been using for your phenomenal weightloss?? If you have been using a zero carbohydrate, high-protein diet then it is possible that the diet could be causing your pain after eating. However, if the pain is so severe that you are knocked out after eating, then I would urge you to see a medical specialist called a Gastroenterologist. Ask your gp to refer you or look for a Gastroenterologist in the telephone directory and make an appointment ASAP. You could be suffering from an ulcer or gallbladder problems and it is essential that the specialist diagnoses what is causing your pain so that you can receive the correct treatment.
Please see a Gastroenterologist immediately.
I would like to apologise for only answering your question today, but I was away and had asked for the DietDoc Message Board to be switched off in my absence, something that evidently was not done.
Please get expert help even if it means going to a Medi-Clinic outpatients department.

2
Posted by: Erika | 2011/08/17

I had a lumbar disc prolapse operation 8 years ago I am fourty now I cannot eat anything without feeling bloated uncomfortable even I hadnt had had a heavy meal ( I use natural pills to assist in my digestive tract) Whats the best food I should eat and which shall I avoid from eating to prevent this.

Reply to Erika

Dear Geraldine