Question
Posted by: Melissa | 2010/02/15

Digestive enzymes

How does one go about testing what food your body can' t fully digest ( gluten,tomatoes,lettuce etc.) and whether you have an enzyme difficiency. I get terrible cramps and feel quite bloated now and again and stress makes it worse. It' s nt a spastic colon, but the pain it quite bad.

Dear Melissa
Have you been examined by a physician who has told you that you don't have a spastic colon? Your symptoms sound very similar to typical spastic colon symptoms, esp because you say that stress makes them worse. I would recommend that you consult a physician, preferably a gastroenterologist so that he/she can do the necessary tests to determine if you suffer from an enzyme deficiency, a food allergy or sensitivity, ulcers, gallbladder disease or a spastic colon (all these conditions can cause such symptoms). Ask your gp to refer you to a gastroenterologist. Once you have a diagnosis we can see about dietary changes.

2
Posted by: Melissa | 2010/02/16

Yes, I have seen my GP about it. He put me on meds for a colon, but it didn' t help, went to another GP and they he didn' t seem to think it was my colon, but couldn' t help me either. I just want to know if there is perhaps a blood test I can have done through Pathcare to test these foods as I really do think it might have something to do with that. I am very far from any gastroenterologist.

Reply to Melissa

Dear Melissa