Posted by: KV | 2012-05-21

Diflucan for 9 weeks?

I am a 28 year old female (43kgs). GP has put me on treatment of Diflucan - 1 tablet a week for 9 weeks. This is for chronic, recurrent candida infections (since childhood). Is this duration of treatment safe? 9 weeks seems very long. Wont this affect my liver? At the same time, I am TRYING to cut out foods which feed candida - sugar, sweeteners, wheat, potatoes, dairy (except butter, yogurt and cottage cheese). Is this diet recommended while taking diflucan? For how long must i eat like this? I am struggling with cravings for sweet things - is there any sweetener I AM allowed to have? What is the effect of Isomalt on candida? Help please, this is getting rather depressing.

I suggest that you follow a healthy, balanced diet, which can include a little sugar. The treatment of Diflucan is correct and you should go for follow-ups with your doctor on a regular basis.