Question
Posted by: Lankie | 2008/09/08

Diffucult loosing weight - high bloodpre

My doctor told me to loose about 20 - 30kg. My blood pressure was never a problem, but since my pregnacy I gianed 30kg and cant seem to lose it. I am on no medication for my high blood pressure because he told me to loose the weight. I there something I can use to give me some help. I cant go on like this, I am getting very depressed about myself and how I look.

Please help me.

Dear Lankie
There is a special diet developed in the USA to treat blood pressure and overweight. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on ' 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension' and read about the DASH Diet. Because this is also a low-fat diet it should promote weightloss. Because you have to lose more than 20 kg, I would also recommend that you ask your dr to prescribe Xenical for you. Xenical is a real fat-trapper that prevents you from absorbing fat from what you eat. Xenical is, however expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. So see if you can get Xenical prescribed for your condition. As you start losing weight and become more mobile, combine the diet and the medication with daily exercise such as going for walks - increase how rapidly and far you walk as you get fitter.
Holding thumbs that you start losing soon.