Question
Posted by: clive | 2011/11/03

difficulty partner

whenever i try to address a problem with my wife,she interpretes my saying differently to what i meant.she talks very little when it comes to problem solving and that frustrates because we don''t get anything solved.

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

Hi Clive
You are not alone. Women and men communicate very differently and our interpretation of communication is filtered through our life experiences. Especially when their are emotions involved. There is very little I can give in in the way of a formula to resolve this issue. but I can suggest finding a relationship therapist who uses the Imago method. This is a technique that teaches couples to resolve issues in a safe and respectful way. You can find a therapist by going to www.imagoafrica.co.za

2
Posted by: Behaviour modification | 2011/11/18

Hi Clive

Reply to Behaviour modification
Posted by: S | 2011/11/14

I have the exact same problem with my boyfriend. He just doesnt ever engage in talking and solving problems but would rather just ignore it and hope it goes away and frequently twists what I say and what started off as a genuine concern ends up as me being a terrible person (in his mind). It''s incredibly frustrating and hurtful.

Reply to S