Posted by: Miss T | 2009-08-25

Difficulty in breathing at night, 8 weeks pregnant

I only go see my Gynae in a week' s time but had my first visit with him at 5 weeks. Everything was well apart from your normal symptoms. I now however have difficulty in breathing especially at night when i am asleep and cant take deep breaths. This is also accompanied by dizziness and light headedness and my body aches internally and i have a few cramps on different parts of my body. What puzzles me is these symptoms only occur at night when i am sleeping. Sometimes (at any time of the day) my heart would beat very fast for a couple of seconds and i have to sit down and catch my breath. Is this a normal symptom or should i be worried. When this happens, i often sit up straight and drink some water, which seems to help a bit. Please advise in the meantime.

These could all be normal, but I would suggest that you see your GP in the meantime to see that you do not have a chest infection.