Posted by: Need Sleep | 2013-01-16

Difficult to fall asleep

I urgent need help with my daughter. She is 10 years old and has always found it difficult to fall asleep.

It''s almost as if she can''t switch off. Both my kids goes to bed early in the evening - the same time of the evening. My son would almost always falls asleep immediately, but most of the times my daughter''s still awake when we go to bed hours later.

We limit them on the amount of sugar they take in (Maybe 2 sweets a day).

We don''t believe in pumping our kids full of pills.

Do you have any advice?

I suggest that you consult paediatrician for an examination, in order to exclude ADHD, systemic fibrosis, chronic pain, respiratory illness, epilepsy etc. It is often difficult to find a clear reason for insomnia in children.