Question
Posted by: MM | 2010/11/25

difficult to explain

Hi, Doc

I have a problem that is difficult to explain and i feel stupid writing this, thought it’ s a concern. I get a feeling on my left side of my chest, i get some kind of a blockage of some sort, there is a feeling that something gets blocked or stopped for a few seconds and hit my chest a bit with my hand then its fine. (its like blood/water struggling to go through a pipe when it get to a certain point - just an example) this happens a few times in a day and it takes a few seconds. I had an accident about 5 weeks ago where i fell a hit my chest, i went to the hospital and X-rays were taken and also my heart checked and i was told everything is fine nothing showed on the x-rays and my heart was beating fine. The feeling is very uncomfortable.

Hallo MM
This is not a stupid question. It sounds to me as if you may have a heart arrythmia (irregular rythm). It could be due to bruising of the heart muscle due to your accident. Please ask your GP to do an ECG to check. Next time this happens, please feel your pulse (at your wrist or in your neck next to your windpipe) to feel if there are any missing beats. If needed, you may need to wear a 24 hour holter ECG to pick up the irregularity.
dr Bets

4
Posted by: BarbaraKips | 2011/02/08

Reply to BarbaraKips
Posted by: MM | 2010/11/26

...oh, i just browsed the net for heart arrythmia and realised that i also experienced two more of its symptoms light-headedness and fatique, i started feeling so tired even in the morning. my sister even joked that that took over my pregnant cousin''s symptoms and morning sickness.

I would consult my GP though
Once again, thank you

Reply to MM
Posted by: MM | 2010/11/26

Thank you Dr Bets

Your help is much appreciated.

You are the best.

Reply to MM
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/25

Hallo MM
dr Bets