Question
Posted by: Kerry | 2012-02-16

Difficult situation with family member

My husbands aunt keeps pestering him for things, last year she wanted to know if he had an old computer at work to give her then recently I found out that she threatening to phone and ask him for a loan for the second time. I decided to send her a straightforward sms to say I am not happy with her asking him for a loan and she replied politely to me saying that she had managed to borrow money from someone else and wasn''t going to ask my husband anyway which was probably not the truth. I thought the matter was over but then she sent a totally different sms behind my back to my husband saying why had I send her such an ugly sms etc. How do I handle the situation? I have already told her that we should put the matter behind us which she agreed but I am worried she will hold a grudge as she is that way inclined. The annoying thing is that she has a good job but is just bad with managing money so she shouldn''t really be asking for a loan in the first place in my opinion.

Why is she so needy, and why does she seem to expect that THIS particular nephew should give her things and money ? Obviously you need to discuss this calmly and amicably with your bf, to find out why he feels he has to giove things to her, and why she expects him to do so. If she has a good job she should be able to take care of ehrself, and not expect ANYONE else to pay for her stupidity in managing her finances. Wjhy doesn't she learn from her mistakes ? She should have a chat with her bank manager for advice on how to learn to manage her affairs better

2
Posted by: Obvious | 2012-02-16

Why not get aLL 3 of you in the same place to talk.
This SMSing often leads to misunderstandings.
You are adults not teenagers, adults can usually soryt out things face to face......

Reply to Obvious